The Essex Way Ultra
The Essex Way is a long-distance trail which weaves though some of the most beautiful parts of Essex, between Epping and Harwich. The 100k ultra will run from Harwich, while the 50k will start from West Bergholt, both finishing at Pleshey Village Hall.
This flat trail is a mix of tracks, paths and short sections of quiet country roads.
These events will be cupless as we try to reduce the environmental impact of our events. We will still be providing drinks at the checkpoints but you will need your own cups.
- Registration will be open between 3.30am and 4.30am
- Briefing the race briefing will be at 4.30am before boarding the coach.
- Coach the coach will leave promptly at 4.45am
- Start the 100k race will start at 6.00am in Harwich
- Cut-Off 18 hours
- Price £75.00
The 100k runners will be supplied with 1 drop bag for use during the race. The Drop bag is your ‘crew’ – some of the mandatory kit can be distributed into this bag so you have it available during the race should you need it – but you don’t have to carry it all the time, enabling you to make decisions about what to carry when and not be weighed down unnecessarily!
50k Ultra (also open to walkers)
- Registration will be open between 7.30am and 8.30am
- Briefing the race briefing will be at 8.30am before boarding the coach
- Coach the coach will leave at 9.00am
- Start the 50k will start at 10.00am in West Bergholt
- Cut-Off 14 hours
- Price £50.00