Set at the wonderful Allerford Recreation Ground just outside Porlock on the Exmoor coast, which is all part of the amazing Holnicote Estate, part of the National Trust.
This is a truly stunning area for trail running, with open moorland and coastal sections to make this an exceptional trail run in the heart of the Exmoor National Park.
With the marathon and ultra runners cover areas around Dunkery Hill (Highest point on Exmoor) and Horner Wood (nature reserves) before joining the South West Coast Path back towards Porlock and the finish. It’s a tough and challenging route with a few sharp hills thrown in.
The 12k and half marathon runners stay on the coastal side of the A39, where you will enjoy running through some stunning wood sections of Allerford and Selworthy, but there are some hills to challenge you. Then you hit the fantastic coastal path section back towards Porlock, going around Hurlstone Point before a small wood section to get you to the finish.
What you get:-
* A large, gorgeous bespoke medal (individual ribbons for each distance). (All finishers)
* A Trail Events Morf Snood (All entrants)
* Chip timing
* Well Marked course (No self navigation needed)
* Well stocked checkpoints
* Amazingly friendly and helpful staff
* Full medical support
* Camping available
* Bar and refreshments available onsite
* Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports retail shop
* Trail Events retail shop
* Event photographs (Photos are FREE for you to download)