A women’s only weekend jam packed full of Ultra skills, tips and female ultra runners put on by Mountain Run.
An immersive weekend of ultra and mountain running training in the heart of the Lake District: learn with expert coaches and elite runners.
£350 | Full Board Accommodation | Location – Borrowdale YHA | 8 to 10 March 2024 | Extra Day’s guided running on 11 March – with extra supplement
Athletes in attendance are: Robyn Cassidy – winner of Helvellyn Sky Ultra and Dragon’s Back Race 2023 and Emma Stuart – Winner of Arc of Attrition 100, UTS 100 and Tor de Geants 2023, plus others [TBC] for a panel session over the weekend.
All athletes have excellent ultra backgrounds and are at the top of their game right now.
Expect two and a half jam packed days of running skills with expert coaches, opportunities to learn from world-class elite ultra runners, and evenings talking trails and swapping stories over a glass of wine or a pint. You will:
- Learn how to tackle your first or next ultra in style and with ease
- Learn Navigation for Ultra Runners with Mountain Run
- Learn to ‘walk and run’ with Leki Trail poles [supplied] by Mountain Run
- Learn how to fuel and train for Ultra’s
- Try out the essentials of yoga for runners
- Run with top level trail, mountain and ultra runners
- Learn about Mountain Weather and how to read the MWIS synoptics and more with Garry Nicholson from Mountain Weather Information Service [MWIS]
- Make friends for life and share your information with like minded trail runners
- Discover some of the finest trails in the Western and Central Lake District
- Test shoes from Scarpa UK
- A Chance to rub shoulders with UK top Ultra Distance athletes