By Elsa Trujillo
The 2017 edition of the Epic Camí de Cavalls 360º on the island of Menorca took place last weekend, 10-12 March, with more than 150 entries and a change in date that brought the races forward to late winter rather than late summer, to make the most of the lower temperatures. With sun and hardly any wind, the organisers and participants celebrated its success in the post-race party in Es Mercadal, the main hub of the event.
The competition is open to pairs of runners and includes three courses along the beautiful and ancient pathway Camí de Cavalls encircling the entire island: the 156.8km Trail Run, the 101.1km Experience option and the 222.5km Mountain Bike track, along rugged and steep landscapes, farmlands and secluded beaches.
The three stages of the Trail Run are 54.4km, 51km and 51.4km, the Experience stages are 32.6km, 36.3km and 32.2km.
TrailRun Epic 360º
- TXALATEGI TRAIL (Roberto Garay / Isusko Barrenetxea): 13:25:02
- COMPRESSPORT MENORCA TRAIL (Dani Coll / Luis Alonso Marcos): 14:12:44
- ES PINYOLETS (Lluc Pons / Ismael Marqués): 15:47:02
- HOQUEI TEAM (Joan Salvador Escala / Jordi Baldrich): 9:38:50
- MILIAN RÈTOLS TRAILTEAM (Miquel Milian / Kote Marqués): 9:51:57
- CAE AMICS (Jordi Gil / Jordi Arbós): 9:52:53