Last updated: 30-Nov-18
We thought we had seen it all at RunUltra, but clearly not. Is this the craziest run yet? Mark Cockbain has run ultras all over the world and definitely qualifies for his hardcore runner badge.
He has come up with the idea of a chained ultra. What is that you ask? Read on.
The Chained Ultra is a 130-mile non-stop pairs ultra. The catch is that your partner is randomly selected by a numbered draw an hour before the race and that you are chained to them at the wrist by a one metre length of padlocked chain. It is an equal opportunities ultra so you could end up as a same sex or mixed sex couple.
- Race location: Rutland.
- Starts 9am Sat July 9th from Barrowden village hall.
- Race is two laps of the 65-mile Rutland Round waymarked route (one clockwise, one anti-clockwise)
- First loop will have a strict time limit TBA. Overall time limit 32-35 hours TBA.
- Bag storage at village hall with food and hot drinks. Toilet at start.
- Nearest train station: Oakham.
Mark is committed to starting up new, tough, exciting races.
“I wanted to create some ‘extremely hard to achieve’ challenges here in the UK. Low key, tough, back to basics events designed for the ‘hardened’ experienced ultra runner, or those willing to push that bit further.”
If you sign up for it, PLEASE let us know, we would love to follow you! Just email [email protected]