Last updated: 30-Nov-15
We’re excited to find out from you as to who you think is the best blogger about long distance running. We’ve started the ball rolling with a list for starters but we want to hear from you as to who’s the best.
Our overall winner will receive an iPad Air. Terms and Conditions apply (see below).
|16th October||Launch of Blogger of the Year Contest|
|26th November (23:59)||Deadline for all nominations on the blog page|
|1st December||Announce shortlist of bloggers for overall award and for each region. Voting begins.|
|17th January (23:59)||Deadline for voting for the Blogger shortlist|
|19th January||Announce winner of the award for each category:|
|– Overall Winner|
|– Finalists (up to 5)|
|– UK, Europe, N America, Asia & Pacific and Middle East & Africa winners + a runner up|
|Total of 10 winners|
Follow our forum thread for updates and runner comments.
Q. Can you nominate more than one blogger?
A. Yes, you can nominate more than one blogger.
Q. How do I nominate myself or a blogger?
A. Go to our blogger list and add a comment to suggest the name and url of a blogger.
Q. What type of blog would qualify to be nominated?
A. To qualify the blog should be about long distance running: i.e. an ultra, any long distance race, sky running, trail race, marathon, training experience, nutrition, interesting story, top 10 list, interview, piece of advice, interview, race reviews etc.
Q. How many times can I vote from the shortlist?
A. You can vote once for the overall winner and a blogger for each regional award.
Q. Do you have to be a resident of the specific region for the regional award?
A. We recognise that bloggers can live anywhere so your country of residence does not matter but the regional content of the blog will determine if it qualifies.
Q. How will the final winner be chosen?
A. Our members will be the ones to chose our winners so this is your chance to have your say and to use your member vote.
Q. Does the blog have to be in English?
A. No, the blog does not have to be in English. We support the translation of our website into 100 languages and it’s you who will choose our global winner so it can be in any of the 100 languages supported by Google Translate.
Terms and conditions for entry into the RunUltra Blogger Award
- An iPad Air will be offered to the overall winner of the #RunUltraBlogger Award.
- Nominations are open to all those aged 18 or over. You can vote once for one blogger.
- All nominations must be made by adding your suggested blogger name to the comments section of our blogger list at www.runultra.co.uk before midnight (23:59) GMT on Thursday 26th November 2015.
- We cannot accept responsibility for late entries. Entry cannot be accepted if the entrant’s name and email are not provided.
- The shortlist will be announced on Tuesday 1st December 2015 on RunUltra’s Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages. The name of those shortlisted will also be announced in a RunUltra email newsletter.
- The names of those shortlisted will also be contacted by RunUltra to let them know.
- Voting on the short list will start on Tuesday 1 December 2015 and all votes must be cast by midnight (23:59) GMT on Sunday 17th January 2016.
- The winner of the Overall RunUltra Blogger Award and winners for each regional category will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date and will be announced on our website, on our social channels and by newsletter.
- RunUltra reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under the promotion to HMRC and any other local tax authority and for paying any tax liability which may arise.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion and without notice in the unlikely event of a major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any similar event.
- By participating in this promotion, the prize winner grants the promoter permission to use their names and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited).
- The data provided by entrants will be used by RunUltra for future marketing. You can unsubscribe from email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe link.
- The Prize is redeemable only by the named winner and must not be sold onto any other party. Entry implies acceptance of these rules. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Promoter: RunUltra Ltd, Nower End, Nower Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 3BX, United Kingdom.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
Ts and Cs last updated 30 November 2015