Last updated: 02-Jun-17
By Elsa Trujillo
We bring you news of a new ultra race launching in 2016 in the Diego Suarez region of the beautiful island of Madagascar.
Racing Madagascar is a 150km race that takes place over 6 days with 700m D+ elevation gain.
Following the successful 2014 partnership with Racing The Planet®, 250km ultra trail in seven days, local sport and tour organisers Boogie Pilgrim (ITRA member) are launching the first edition of this new event in July 2016.
The event will take place between the 19th and the 24th of July and will be a fully self-sufficient race. Stages:
– Beamalona Waterfall to Marovato (19km).
– Marovato to Boriravina (20km).
– Boriravina to Ankerika (20km).
– Ankerika to Ampondrafeta (44km).
– Ampondrafeta to The Baie des Sakalava (30km).
– La Montagne des Français to Diégo Suarez (9km).
Water will be provided at each checkpoint and cut off times will be enforced at each stage. Racing Madagascar is a 2-point qualifying race for UTMB® 2017.
Find out more here.